Educational Success Action Team
The Educational Success Action Team is focused on helping Wake County youth reach the following goals:
- 95% of third grade students read on grade level
- 95% of students graduate high school ready for college and career
Wake Ready–College Visit Guide for Middle School Youth by the Educational Success Action Team of Youth Thrive
We are taking collective action and calling on community leaders and organizations to:
- Collect and share data:
- Administer a survey to youth on outcomes in the Blueprint (provided by Youth Thrive)
- Measure and provide data on program capacity and participation with demographics of participants
- Provide access to books for students, promote students choosing books of interest to encourage the love of reading, and encourage 20 minutes of daily reading.
- Promote access to college by working to ensure that by 9th grade all students have the opportunity to visit at least one college.
Action Team Meetings to support 3rd Grade Reading are facilitated through Wake Up and Read. Visit their website to join the work.
Action Team Meetings to support students graduating high school ready for college and career are led by staff from the Wake County Public School System, Wake Technical Community College, and the Wade Edwards Learning Lab.
Please contact Betsey McFarland: bmcfarland@Wade.org at the WELL for more information.
A comprehensive online resource database with enhanced features designed to increase access to all the resources of Wake County.