Bullying Prevention Awareness Month
Bullying was reported by 1 in 5 (19%) of surveyed high school students in Wake County (Wake YRBS, 2013). During the 2014- 2015 school year in WCPSS, there were 173 short-term suspensions and two long-term suspensions for violation of the bullying policy, L2-14. According to the National Center for Educational Statistics, one out of every four students (22%) report being bullied during the school year (National Center for Educational Statistics, 2015). Youth Thrive and our partners believe that together we can end bullying. Please join this effort by utilizing the tools in this kit.
Click these links to download individual sections:
- Social Media Messages: English or Spanish
- Social Media Graphics: English or Spanish
- Bullying Prevention Activities
- Bullying Prevention Pledge Activity; Pledge Form
- Policy Considerations/Best Practices
- Additional Resources for Bullying Prevention
A special thanks to all of the Emotional Well-Being Action Team participants that made this campaign possible.
If you are planning to give a talk on bullying prevention, here is a stock presentation you can use.