Youth Thrive makes an impact on our community in many ways as we:
- Serve as Wake County’s premier collaborator and convener of youth-serving professionals and organizations;
- Serve as training and technical assistance provider for Wake County youth-serving professionals and organizations;
- Ensure shared measures to foster data-driven decision making.
Highlights of these impacts are found below.
Aspirational Goals for Collective Action:
- 95% of third grade students read on grade level
- 95% of students graduate high school ready for college and career
- Eliminate youth suicides and bullying
- Collect and Share Data:
- Ensure staff in the organization are trained in evidenced- based suicide prevention (e.g. Mental Health First Aid) and attend at least one additional Youth Thrive networking event.
- Participate in local Bullying Prevention Campaign by providing parents and youth with information on bullying, and appropriate social-emotional responses.
- Provide access to books for students, promote students choosing books of interest to encourage the love of reading and encourage 20 minutes of daily reading.
- Promote access to college by working to ensure that by 9th grade, all students have the opportunity to visit at least one college.
The iThriveWake app highlights places, spaces, services, and resources for young people in Wake County, NC.