Youth Thrive makes an impact on our community in many ways as we:
- Serve as Wake County’s premier collaborator and convener of youth-serving professionals and organizations;
- Serve as training and technical assistance provider for Wake County youth-serving professionals and organizations;
- Ensure shared measures to foster data-driven decision making.
Highlights of these impacts are found below.
Aspirational Goals for Collective Action:
- 95% of third grade students read on grade level
- 95% of students graduate high school ready for college and career
- Eliminate youth suicides and bullying
- Collect and share data: Measure and provide data on program capacity and participation with demographics of participants.
- Ensure staff in your organization are trained in evidence-based suicide prevention (i.e., Mental Health First Aid) and attend at least one additional Youth Thrive networking event.
- Participate in the local Bullying Prevention Campaign by providing parents and youth with information on bullying and appropriate social-emotional responses.
- Provide access to books for students, promote students choosing books of interest to encourage the love of reading, and encourage 20 minutes of daily reading.
- Promote access to college by working to ensure that by 9th grade all students have the opportunity to visit at least one college.